Altered Legal Pad, List pad

Here's a fun project!! I choose to use a Legal Pad size notepad. Which I purchased at my local office supply store and then had their printer department cut them into 3rds for me. A cut through 250 papers (a stack of 6 notepads) cost $2 a cut (And the total for cutting 1 set was only $4). I like the Left side with the red line- but, if you do not then you can have them cut your pads in two for a larger pad or have that side cut off and thrown away- seems wasteful, but it is an option.

The Legal Pads I purchased were the more expensive pads. I thought they would hold up better for a longer use life. However, once I sat down to alter them the left hand side cuts are already loose from the binding. It appears that the left side didn't have glue like the middle and right side do. However, I have a plan (with my crop-a-dile) that may make them cuter than the others. I haven't tried it yet, so you'll have to wait to see what I see (in my mind). Once I complete one I will post it for your viewing pleasure :)

My inspiration for the list pad came from from: http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic_n_scratch/2007/08/grocery-list-tu.html Her version used a smaller pad. If you stop by tell her I sent you! :)

Tips: Next time I will try pads with the glue binding instead of the style I used here. Also, I plan on trying a smaller pad. The down side to the legal pad is the length does not allow for one sheet of fluid paper to wrap the piece. BUT, that turned out okay because I was able to add visual candy by using different papers (parts with single sided patterned paper others with card stock). Also, I think these would be so pretty hanging on a refrigerator- adding strips of magnets to the back would make that work well! Now, take a look...

These two were my first. Notice these are not matted on card stock like the second set. The owl has moving eyes and the cup cake has glitter frosting and a red cherry bling center.
This is the back of the owl and cupcake list pads. I decided to wrap ribbon around the seam that the two papers created. Also, I thought the ribbon would add extra strength to the piece.

These two are matted (like the original grocery list version).
I like the look of the mat but, over time I think the mating would turn up and not look so pretty.
These stamps are Stampin UP! called :Very Punny, also added Stickles for some glitter accents.
And, finally the back of the lady bug and pig list pads. Again, wrapped the ribbon around the seam. Also, the cardstock used is Bazzil bling. The pink one has the bling facing out toward the mat front view and the red bling faces towards the back.