Several months before my Birthday My husband asked me what I wanted for my Birthday this year. My last year in my 30's~ I told Matt I wanted to go to the MAC counter at Nordstroms and have my makeup done, have a shopping spree at their counter and then have pictures taken! Matt's first response was- "you have so much makeup, why in the world do you want to get more..." Yes, he is correct, but ALL these years of playing with makeup, purchasing makeup, researching makeup, I have NEVER had mine applied by anyone (other than Merle Norman and I don't count that because that was a J.O.B).
I recruited Connie to experience my Birthday present with me! We spent the morning having our makeup applied and made our purchases. THEN we met up with our friends Monica and Tricia who patiently took 300+ pictures of us! BEAUTIFUL pictures! AND< LOTS OF PICTURES!!
So many pictures I'm still not sure what to do with them all. The day was such a F>U>N time You KNOW I have to document it (in various ways). The first was to create a mini album! Using my new HP office jet 4-in-1 printer (LOL)I printed thumbnail versions of all the pictures, chose my favorites & went to scrapping. I don't even remember the last time I actually made a scrapbook page...with all the crocheting, embroidery, knitting, card making, cooking & painting- when do I have time to scrap?!
The album was a make-n-take at Archivers that I stood in line 3+ hours to do and just ran out of time waiting on my turn- I ended up just buying the pieces thinking one day I will make it on my own. At first I regretted doing that because When will I have time? But, now I'm glad I did! Cause, it made this album so much fun and easier than thinking of all the pieces on my own.
At first I sat down with the directions and started to follow along. Somewhere in there I decided that was too much effort and I just turned off the voices in my head, relaxed and just got my craft on! Here are the results:
Front Cover
For the most part this cover follows along with the directions that came with the project. But, instead of painting green acrylic paint, I chose pink, added the big flower and one of our pictures with a bling frame.
Pages 1-2
Instead of cutting the white ribbon I tied it around the front and back but used the bow around the back side and put the pin through the bulk of the bow. I've never used these pins and I'm not sure how I like that because I fear someone will injure themselves.
The rub-on's were Tra-Lynn's- she didn't want them anymore so I picked them up and used them through out the book. They worked out nicely!
Pages 3-4
The quote says "We are not famous but they talk about us like we are". Connie had heard this somewhere and we both thought it was funny. The Fourth page is a clear acetate sheet painted with the pink paint.
Pages 5-6
Page 5 is the back of that acetate sheet. And, Page 6 is grounge board (Tim Holtz). My first time using grunge board!
Pages 7-8
I've got nothing to add about these pages, except- BEAUTIFUL! Connie is very photo-genic!
Pages 9-10
URGH, My white signo pen skipped while outlining "Birthday Girl"Blinged out "Julia"- oh so appropriate!
Pages 11-12
Pages 13-14
Pretty...gotta say that I really like the idea of embossing parts of the card stock- the cs is the ones with the different color core- so, when you sand it the opposite color shows through. Generally I only use my cuttlebug embossing floders on cards, but I really like how they made the mini book look!
Last Page
These are out "outtakes". Hilariousness of these photos had to be used. And, the black page will contain journaling, once I get a new white pen that won't skip!
Back Cover
I admit I got ahead of myself posting this album- since it's really not finished. I need to write the journal and add ribbon to the metal ring binding. However, the rings are too big and I need to go to the office supply store to buy one size smaller. But, I felt like if I waited to that I may never get this album up on the blog. So, I new it was best to share it while I had the time to make a post.
Thank you to Matt, Connie, Monica & Tricia for a fabulous day that I will never forget!

1 comment:
I am so honored that you made an album with all my photos! It is adorable and beautiful! You really out did yourself, so creative and fun!!! Mini albums make my heart go pitter pat! I love it! Can't wait to make mine....sometime down the road!
Post a Comment