One lazy Saturday afternoon, Connie and I found ourselves exploring old downtown Lawrenceville. We came across quite a few unique stores. One of which was a Knitting store named "Yarn Garden Knit Shop". Because of my Kniting & Crochet experience I was dying to go inside. The colors of yarn looked like a candy store!
Connie and I were both inspired by the completed pieces hanging on the walls and the friendliness of the staff! We were encouraged to look at the class schedule! Finally, I had my chance to learn, from seasoned pros, the final stitch required to make more interesting pieces- the "pearl" stitch.
We signed up a week later to take the beginner class. Connie learned the knit stitch and I learned my missing piece to the puzzle...here is the scarf (still in process) that we are putting together from the class.
I adore knitting and crochet! The ladies at the shop said that to knit all you need to know are two stitches. Now that I know them both the sky is the limit! LOL, well...I still need a lot of practicing pearling but, I have high hopes!

No comments:
Post a Comment