Vintage Snow Man, Card


OMG, OMG!! Yes, I am in LOVE with Vintage Christmas stamp sets! this one is SU, "Jolly Old St. Nick". And, it uses the coolest technique! Today's and tomorrow's card are the ones my NEW Stampin UP Hostess Club made in last nights class.
"Relief Stamping using an Embossing Folder"
I'm not sure if the picture is clearly showing how this technique works. However, I will do my best to describe what it is you may or may not be able to see, LOL. Using a brayer, cover the top of an embossing folder with ink. Slide your card stock in as usual, being careful not to scrape the cardstock against the ink. And, emboss. Once you emboss the paper, the embossed, raised images will be lighter & will just pop off the page! The card stock and ink are the same color. In this card I used SU Crumb Cake. And, it is best shown by looking at the snowman himself...The scarf, gloves, nose, buttons are the only parts colored in (on crumb cake paper, water colored with crumb cake ink). Notice how the snowman body appears to be white, or lighter in color! How cool! :))

Stamp sets: SU Jolly Old Saint Nick & Bright Christmas
Ink: Crumb Cake, Staz-on, brown, Classic stampin pad, chocolate chip
Paper: SU crumb cake
Accessories: SU Northern Flurries embossing folder, big shot, dazzling diamond glitter, brayer, aqua brush.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is beautiful Julia!!! Congrats on your SU website too!! I will be using it!! So good to see u and Monica on Monday!!!