Watercolor with re-inkers, Card Part B

This post is the second post in a two part series about Re-inker Watercolor Roses Part B is all about the technique and how I arrived at the Part A monthly card swap card.

Almost a year ago, I came across a technique using re-inkers to watercolor the Stampn' UP Manhattan Flowers set. The technique created these beautiful, realistic roses! OMG, I filed it away knowing that one day I would have the perfect opportunity to play with the technique.

Manhattan Flower SU set & matching SU cuttlebug folder have both been amongst my top 5 favorite sets from SU! They are simply elegant and oh so versatile!

How to:
1.) Stamp image with White Craft Ink or Stayz-on White.
2.) Emboss with Clear embossing powder
3.) Spray image with lots of water. Make sure you have enough water that it pools on the image.
4.) Using re-inkers of your choice, dip Aqua brush into color then touch the pooled water...add as much color as you like.
5.) pick up piece and swirl around colors, tilt forward over papertowels to get off excess water.
6.) dry standing up. Cut out.


All Stacked up & waiting to dry...I found out that by drying the cards at a tilt would pool the water at the edges and once dry creating an interesting color affect.



Card One~ So elegant, almost wedding-ish. But, my goal was not to make a wedding card, but rather to highlight the roses in an elegant way. So, I tried a different layout (see card #2)



Card Two~ I liked this card so much I decided to tweak it and make it the card I would reproduce 11 times for my monthly card group.

1 comment:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Gorgeousness! I just love dabbling with watercolors, but I still need to get an aqua brush...go figure! ;)