Slices of Tart & Tangy, card

Wednesday Card Post
When my eyes noticed the "Tart & Tangy" set from the Occasions 2008 mini Catalog I fell IN LUV immediately! Aside from the cute images, I couldn't resist the fantastic price! :) This was one of the sets I knew I HAD to have quickly!

Thinking outside of the box is not easy for me to do. However, with this set I set out to do just that. When I first saw the sliced image I thought of oranges. But, what else could be done with this seemingly simple stamp? In today's post I am sharing with you a few of the things I came up with.

Since oranges were the first thing I thought of, here's a card with just that= oranges! These little yummies are stamped in SU craft ink: Only Orange and with the SU wet glue stick I glittered them. Other products used: SU card stock: Only Orange, Whisper White & Bashful Blue, SU Summer Picnic Patterned Paper, Cuttlebug embossing folder. Notice how I stamped on my ribbon! love that! ;) Also, check out the Orange WEDGES! Just cut your slice in half and whaw-LAA!

The next card shows the slice as lemons, limes and an orange; all combined on one card. I love the summer, clean feel of this simple little card. Again, each slice is glittered with their matching color (yellow, green, orange). Other products: SU card stock: whisper white, green galore, yo yo yellow, only orange; SU Summer Picnic patterned paper; Fiskars deckled scallop scissors, cricut celebrations cartridge; SU stamp sets: Polka Dot background stamp, Tart & Tangy, Small Sayings.

Lastly, I cut the lemons & limes in half and arranged them as a scallop edge along the side of the patterned paper. And, notice the greeting on top of the lime. Another clean, summer card! Other products: SU stamp sets: Polka Dot background stamp, Tart & Tangy, Cuttlebug embossing folder: SU Craft ink: Yo Yo Yellow, green galore, Only Orange; SU card stock: whisper white & SU summer picnic pp.

Hopefully you have gotten a few "out of the box" ideas with these samples. If your imagination was sparked and YOU have an idea, please share it with me too!

Have a AWESOME HUMP DAY! The weekend is just around the corner!

No comments: