November Card Swap, Card

Our November Card Swap theme direction was to create a card shape other than square. I'm not sure that I have ever made a non-square/rectangle card so this was certainly out of the box for me. Immediately my mind went to thinking of using die cuts & my Big Shot. But, ultimately I did not have a big enough die that would create a card to fit into a medium size envelope. So, I dusted off my cricut & inserted my "Wild Card" cartridge! Gotta love my cricut!! It saved the day!

Here is a picture of the group of cards I created. Using different card stock & ribbon colors was new for me too. I couldn't pick just one color to match the flowers so I chose four!

My card was created around the pansy flower. I wanted to try a technique to make a realistic pansy & this is what I came up with:

SU Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, More Mustard, Almost Amethist, Shimmery White
SU textured impressions embossing folder
SU craft ink: Rich Razzleberry
SU organza ribbon
SU Stamp Set: Caring Thoughts
Cricut Wild Card Cartridge
Big Shot
SU Wide Oval Punch
SU Elegant Eggplant Write-Marker
SU Silver Brad

No comments: